Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

If 2 people own 10 acres. 1 owns 2thirds and the other

Customer Question

If 2 people own 10 acres. 1 owns 2thirds and the other 1third. The property is not split who gets to decide where the property line is
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: My phone number is(###) ###-#### U can call me if u need further info. My name is chris
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That they can call me for more info
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses, but rest assured, I am working on your question. The website may offer a phone call option, but it is optional.

.

If the property is an undivided 10 acre lot, if they can't agree privately on how to physically divide up the land with a surveyor, then they can ask a judge to do so in a "partition action". But if the judge can't figure out an equitable way to divide it up, and they can 't reach an agreement, then the judge would normally just order it sold at public auction and anyone, including the owners, can bid on it to be the sole purchaser.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much