Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I need to know what form to use to do a Quit Clain Deed in

Customer Question
the state of nc JA: Has...
I need to know what form to use to do a Quit Clain Deed in the state of nc
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I am a new real estate investor in charlotte nc, I have someone who is going into foreclosure in 4 days she wants to sell the house to me so I can reinstate the loan and sell it. I need to know what form to use to get that done.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no paper work has been filed
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/10/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Here is the link to a NC Quitclaim Deed.

Once it is filled out you will record it with the county where the property is located.

Sorry I need a warranty deed form for charlotte nc
can you give an example on how to fill this form out.

Write the date that you are making the deed. Under the "Grantor" section of the deed, write the name of the person transferring title. Under "Grantee", write the name of the person receiving title.

Describe the parcel of land. Use the street address and include the North Carolina County where the land is located. Additionally, look at the original deed to the land and use any other land description (such as landmarks and parcel measurements) used in the deed on the general warranty form.

List where the original deed has been recorded if it has been recorded. Typically, the North Carolina register of deeds (which has offices in each North Carolina county), will have a book containing the deeds to each parcel of land in that county. Write this information onto the deed if you have it. Include a reference to any maps that have been recorded that show the parcel of land.

Sign and date the deed. Both the grantor and the grantee must sign the deed. Have the deed notarized and deliver it (by hand or by mail) to the grantee.

do you have a nc purchase and sale agreement

Did you have any further questions? Have I answered your question?

A positive 5 star rating of my service would be most appreciated if I have answered your questions.

After providing the answers and forms you requested, a positive rating would be appreciated. It is the only way I am compensated for answering your questions and there is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating.

Loren, Lawyer