Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Wife & husband purchase home, wife gets divorce stays in

Customer Question

Wife & husband purchase home, wife gets divorce stays in home husband leaves 37 years ago, wife and husband name still shows on deed.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

1) Who received the home in the divorce?

2) Does the home have a mortgage? Does the divorce decree say that whoever has received it has to refinance it? If so, then is there a deadline date?