Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I feel my only sister lied to the probate court about the

Customer Question
value of this house which...
I feel my only sister lied to the probate court about the value of this house which needs $50K in repair (fuses + roof)for IT to qualify for a mortgage
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CT
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've live in this house 50+ years
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/9/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses, but rest assured, I am working on your question. The website may offer a phone call option, but it is optional.

.

Can you give me some more details about what is going on here?

.

Is sister the executor of someone's estate and is settling it?

.

What would she gain by inflating the value of the house?

.

What did she use in determining its value....an appraisal... taxable value.... guess?

.

.

thanks

$200K came down to my Mom's estate and she took it all by inflating the value of this house from 100K to 150K WHICH HURTS NOW THAT 2 OR 3 MORTGAGE COMPANIES examined this house & say I got to fix it up to get the $ to fix it up. I feel she should be negotiated to an out of court settlement. She had said to me we split the 200K & I give her 50K for her half of this house. I want the $ to fix it up and live here more than I want her to go to jail.
Lied to probate court to keep all of $200K She moved to CA by 1985

Ok so how long ago did this happen?

.

Is the probate case still open?

.

Did you file any type of objection with her estimate of the value of the house and ask for an actual appraisal?

.

She moved to CA by 1985 I am not sure what this has to do with anything?

Tina, Lawyer