Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I need to evict someone who is living in a house that I own.

Customer Question

I need to evict someone who is living in a house that I own. The house is in Hammond Indiana and I live in Maryland. The person is technically a squatter as I did not initially rent my property to him. I'm looking for an attorney who can help me with this issue ASAP
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Hammond Indiana
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The person in the house had it rented to him by an agent who did so without my approval, I am working to get a deed in lieu to avoid foreclosure
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses, but rest assured, I am working on your question. The website may offer a phone call option, but it is optional.

.

Are you asking how to go about evicting the person or are you actually looking for an attorney to hire to assist with that in Indiana?

.

And are you aware that you would have to actually travel to IN for any eviction action for a court hearing if your agent wasn't available or won't do it?

.

I ask because the attorneys here on the website don't represent customers in an attorney client relationship and are limited to just providing information and answering legal questions for customers.

.

.

thanks