How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tenants rights question, is this the right place?

Customer Question

I have a tenants rights question, is this the right place?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: CA
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so!
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Good morning. What can I answer for you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am trying to add a roommate to my lease, and the management company is telling me I am in violation of the lease because I am subletting but this is not accurate and can't be proven; I want to add a person to my existing lease. What recourse do they have?
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. Are they allowing this person to be added to the lease? I ask because typically you need to get permission when having someone move in, who was not on the original lease or approved by the management.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They seem to not be...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how do I cancel my free trial of this service? I do not wish to be charged
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Customer service can assist, so just call them and they will help