Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I owe my home since 2001. in 2014 I had my boyfriend move

Customer Question

I owe my home since 2001. in 2014 I had my boyfriend move in, I put him on the deed, now its not working out. how do I get him off the deed.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

You would need to resolve this with him and he has to quit clam his interest back to you.Once you put his name on the deed he became a tenant in common and has a half interest in the property.No way around having him sign over his interest to you.He would be the grantor and you the grantee.You maybe looking at paying him for his interest unless he is willing to do so voluntarily.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Here are the quit claim deed forms

https://eforms.com/deeds/ar/arkansas-quit-claim-deed-form/

I hope he will sign this and you can resolve his interests.You have to have a new deed, you cannot take it back, he has to sign it to you.