How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2768
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Le homes that were given to a company through writ of

Customer Question

le homes that were given to a company through writ of possession...How can I get titles to mobile home I purchased from someone whom got them through court ordered eviction..abandoned property
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NC
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: THATS IT
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 5 months ago.

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 5 months ago.

Since you mentioned that you want the title to the home that you purchased, have you attempted to file a new deed with the county? Or at least the sales contract and the order of the court?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I have not
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 5 months ago.

That would be the next step. Since you bought the home, I would hope there was a sales contract. And if there was a writ of possession, hopefully, you have a copy of it. Also, the person who had the write could possibly draft the deed for you to file. If you are close to the county property records offices, possibly going there and checking the records and talking to the clerk would give you additional know-how on what to file. We can discuss more if you want to do so.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok, so you are saying file for a deed through the county? How is that done,as mobile home titles usually come from the DMV?
And also missing serial numbers from the houses,and I do have a bill of sale that was signed by the seller when I purchased them.
Some a few were with a wit they had to procure ownership and the others were some people abandoned after expenses became more than they could afford to pay
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well, pardon me but I want to ask something else Sir.At the county level like Northampton county N.C rural area we do have register of Deeds office.So,where will or should I solicit for this work???
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I may have been mistaken because I thought the mobile homes were real property in this situation and that is why I recommended the county deed's office. A manufactured home must be listed as real property if it satisfies the criteria included in Section 105-273(13) of the North Carolina General Statutes (hereinafter G.S.), the Machinery Act’s definition of real property:

a. It is a residential structure;

b. It has the moving hitch, wheels, and axles removed

c. It is placed on a permanent foundation; and

d. It is sited on land owned by the owner of the manufactured home or on land in which the owner of the manufactured home has a leasehold interest with a term of at least 20 years and the lease provides for the disposition of the home upon the lease’s termination.

So, if it or they do not meet those categories, possibly then the records are with the DMV.

I would start with the deed's office and the the DMV, or visa versa. Bring any paperwork like the Bill of Sale with you. If you are missing serial numbers from the houses, possibly there is another way the records can be searched.