Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

My association has fined me for an "unkempt" front yard. Our

Customer Question

My association has fined me for an "unkempt " front yard. Our yard has a beautiful tropical look to it. My neighbor, I believe, reported us because he doesn't like it when we park in front of OUR house. He claims we block his driveway. Anyway the association refuses to define "unkempt" and also refuses to come out and tell us exactly what we have to do in order to be in compliance. The association meeting is Thursday. What would be our best course of action?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: They sent a letter informing us of the fine against us.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. note no precedent for such punishment. Also not defined so lack basis for it. In all events seek a waiver on application and agree to use best efforts to avoid issue going forward. If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.