Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I'm looking for the law thatstates both people listed, on

Customer Question

I'm looking for the law thatstates both people listed, on the deed, are required to sign a proxy vote.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Washington State
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: What do you mean by paperwork?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Our current by laws state "Proxy vote is allowed". Our board is requiring two signatures on the proxy if both names are ***** ***** the deed, the votes be turned in by 4:00 the day of the annual meeting and we can only used their limited proxy form ((limiting the proxy to just that meeing. I have been President of the Board and we never required two signatures or that the proxy be turned in by a certain time.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.
There is no such law. One owner can bind all owners on the deed under agency theory. 2 signatures would only be needed if board or bylaws passed such stricter rules. Is that clear?