Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Well, my ex and I have been renting our home. I pay the

Customer Question

Well, my ex and I have been renting our home. I pay the mortgage, he is supposed to pay the taxes from the rental payment. Every month I have to plead for the rent money for my apartment. He refuses to put my name on the checking account created for deposits from renters. In the meantime my rent is late with late fees. I pay the mortgage every pay check, it comes directly out of my check. I am frustrated that I cannot continue to be bullied. What can I do.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: PA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: About this behavior? We did have a real estate agent handle the rental (his cousin)
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that it is not fair I pay the mortgage faithfully and he just pays me to portion of rental fee as he pleases
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 4 months ago.

I will be assisting you. Is this a former spouse? Is this payment part required under the terms of a divorce?