How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Arbitrator
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 1359
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there some one I can turn my HOA fee into other than the

Customer Question

is there some one I can turn my HOA fee into other than the president. Last year we had bounced checks and late fees, but 16,000.00 in the account. Now I need to send my HOA dues in, and because our president does not live in the community, I don't know where to send it. I have tried texting her but have received no feed back...
JA: Do you have copies of the governing documents? When were they last updated?
Customer: I just have the Covenants from when we bought in 2015
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: winter haven, fl... covington Cove SE
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cant think of anything other than I sure wished they had been at the meeting, Oh, wait. the orginal builder and the daughter is the president, they built the hoa and homes in the late 80's early 90's and never gave owner ship to the hoa, there is land that is up for sale they own, there is a home they own, and rent out to one of the daugther, the company the land and is under is commercial carrier, and all common areas.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 3 months ago.
Good afternoon. I will answer your question
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There may a formal grievance process in your association's governing documents, and if there is you should follow those steps. Each governing documents are unique and outline the procedure for filing a grievance. You can always request a hearing by the full board to address the issue. You could also retain an attorney to write a letter on your behalf outlining the applicable law and requesting specific action.

While there are laws in Florida to govern HOAs, there is no enforcement agency with direct oversite or with whom you can file a complaint. The law only provides for elections and recalls, which are under the jurisdiction of the Department of Business & Professional Regulation. The only recourse for the you is ligation, which requires pre-suit mediation prior to filing any lawsuit.

I hope this helps.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 3 months ago.
If you have any other questions just ask

Related Real Estate Law Questions