Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

The yearly budget was mailed out to all homeowners with a

Customer Question
request to provide your name...
The yearly budget was mailed out to all homeowners with a request to provide your name and address on the ballot, is this legal?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Washington, pierce county
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no only the ballots have been sent out
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/18/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 9 months ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

WA state law does not mandate that association ballots must be secret. The law depends on whether your By-Laws require secret balloting or whether the By-Laws are silent on the matter. If silent, then no secret balloting is necessary.

Only if the By-Laws require secret balloting, would it be improper to require people to place their names and address on their ballot.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Good morning,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney