RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I was wondering if there is an age discrimination law for

Customer Question

Hi! I was wondering if there is an age discrimination law for the selling of time shares. Companies based in Florida - selling throughout US - we have run across one that will not allow us to preview or stay at one of the resorts (we paid a package price) because we both are over 68. We thought timeshares are real estate and you can't discriminate. Most seniors I know have money to buy vacation plans. We are frustrated and would like to know the law. Thanks so much.
JA: Have you thoroughly reviewed the timeshare agreement?
Customer: Yes and the company has changed names several times since we purchased. We asked before buying package and were told age was not a problem.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have now been told that we can only go to 4 selected places in the US and we were originally told anywhere they have resorts in the US
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 5 months ago.
Good evening. Do you know if the resort itself had any restriction on it? I certainly am not aware of any restriction based upon age which is why I am asking other then an adults only type of resort