Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Neighbor is a bar association member and has been bullying

Customer Question
us with fairly serious but...
Neighbor is a bar association member and has been bullying us with fairly serious but sometimes silly legal threats. Is this behavior a violation of any code of ethics or standards of behavior?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
It amounts to harassment and nuisance. Can involve the police.Also, If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Court can issue an injunction.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
A lawyer can send a cease and desist letter.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Infolawyer, Lawyer