Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Sorry, hit return forgetting that would send my message. I…

Customer Question
Good Morning; Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good Morning;

Lawyer's Assistant: Hi. What do you want help with?

Sorry, hit return forgetting that would send my message. I am looking for a real estate attorney that is licensed to practice in Terrant County Texas and preferably is familiar with a retirement home dba as "The Staton" at***** Fort Worth, TX

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Terrant County Texas, city of Fort Worth.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No. At this point my questions may be able to be answered after an attorney has reviewed the retirement home's contract, which is short. It has to do when the resident moves out of "The Staton". When you move into your apartment you sign a contract but the resident does not actually purchase the apartment. The resident pays to The Staton a "Resident Deposit", of which 70% is returned when the resident moves out. However "The Staton" allows themselves 10 to 90 days to return that 70%. I am trying to determine wether that is actually legal.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really. Timing is everything and have to duck out to go work in the next 5 or ten minutes so a phone call now would not work. However he/she may email me at***@******.*** and we can set up a time to chat tomorrow or Monday at his/her convenience.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi;
May I contact you tomorrow preferably or Monday to continue, I have to leave for work right now?
Let me know how I contact you or if you would like call me tomorrow or Monday @(###) ###-#### Thanks!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I signed up for real estate attorney services yesterday but did not have time to contact the attorney assigned to me before I left for work. I should have but didn't write down his name or contact info thinking I could just log on and pick up where I left off. My order number is ***** How or where do I log in so I can re-establish contact?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
4/2/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Do you have a copy of the contract that you can attach to your reply? If not, no worries, but it would help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just canceled justanswer.com membership. Thanks anyway.

Ah, too bad. Okay, have a good one.