Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in Lake Marion Golf Resort. I live and own a "quad"

Customer Question
Hello. I live in...

Hello. I live in Lake Marion Golf Resort. I live and own a "quad" single dwelling. My question is regarding an easement which requires me to provide parking for the unit behind mine. I do not have a problem with that. My problem is that I own 2 1/2 parking spaces in front of my home. One I use, one is for the unit behind mine and the 1/2 combines with the unit next to mine and anyone can park in that space. Now I am responsible for the maintenance, power washing etc. of all these spaces. What I would like to do is move the space designated to the unit behind mine over 1-2 feet; this will enable me to park two cars in front of my unit and satisfy the easement. My HOA says "NO". The only thing in our purchasers documents refers to the easement for providing the space for the unit behind mine. Do I have any right here?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Like what kind of paperwork??

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
What you propose is reasonable. It does require purchaser consent or otherwise both sides need to submit issue to mediation or court decision.