Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own my condo how do i add or change it JTWROS OT MY

Customer Question
I own my condo...

I own my condo how do i add or change it JTWROS OT MY DAUGHTER

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

FLORDIA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good afternoon,

You'd have to have prepared (or prepare yourself) a new deed. In this case, you can use a quitclaim deed to transfer property you own by yourself to between yourself and your daughter equally. The deed then gets filed with the county recorder's office and pay a filing fee. That's about it.

If you want to do this yourself, you can use a program like this one to prepare the deed (it also comes with instructions on how to file it). Alternatively you can use a site like this.

Was there anything I could clarify about my answer or additional information you needed? If so, please reply without rating and I'll be happy to assist further!

Otherwise, If I've addressed all of your questions regarding this matter, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars so I am credited for my time. Experts receive no salary and are otherwise not paid until you rate the answer positively. Thank you!