Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If I want to buy a property, here in the u.s., from someone…

Customer Question
If I want to...

If I want to buy a property, here in the u.s., from someone who is Mexican and can't come over to do the transaction, a cash deal, what kind of contracts do I need to securely make the transfer of property?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

OK

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No. Her property and taxes are all in order.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I guess not.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Gerald-Esquire

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You need an agreement for the sale of real estate. These are readily found online specific for the state in which the property is located.

Here is a sample agreement:

http://www.realtyassociation.com/files/purchaseagreement.pdf

She will need a Power of Attorney assigned to someone in the US so that the documents can be properly completed.

Here is a sample for that:

https://store.nolo.com/products/power-of-attorney-for-real-estate-noe3-pr429.html

Most importantly, you want to obtain a Warranty Deed on the property. That is when this is all fininished you wwant the best possible deed for yourself.

The simplest, least expensive, and least stressful way to do this is to hire a Real Estate Settlement Agent. For a relatively small amount of money they will do a complete title search, obtain title insurance, prepare the deed, arrange the closing, and file the deed.

There is NO reason to try to do what they do for yourself. Please do yourself a big favor and hire a settlement company to manage the closing for you. They are readily found for your state online. Just search for a Real Estate Settlement Agent or Company.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald