Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was given the task to sell some property we inhereited…

Customer Question
I was given the...

I was given the task to sell some property we inhereited from our Dad. We the property is in an Commercial Zone .I plan to make it available on April 1 2017. I have no any idea what the propert is valued at or whAT PAPERWORK i NEED FOR A .for a uncomplicated Sale I live here in Seattle I can be reached at 206 **********(home) or *********** (cell) Email ***********

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry the Property is at *****************

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Nothing has been filed to my knowledge

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that can think of

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/22/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
N Cal Attorney

Thank you for your question.

You can get Zillow's range of opinions here, but the most reliable way to evaluate the property is to hire a licensed appraiser. The next most reliable way is to ask a few real estate brokers in the area. You can ask an agent or broker to get you what is called a "property profile" which is usually free.

You can get a free consultation from some of the local real estate attorneys listed here.

But it sounds like you may be better off finding a good broker to list the property for you and handle the details of the sale.

However, you did not specify if you are acting as an executor or something else, and there may be tax consequences that vary depending on how the sale is structured, so it would be prudent to consult an attorney anyway. Even if the attorney tells you that you do not need an attorney, at least you will know what for certain.

I hope this information is helpful.