Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Second opinion] How do people qualify for section 8 housing…

Customer Question
Second opinion] How do people...
Second opinion] How do people qualify for section 8 housing in Augusta, Georgia? Would people from another state automatically qualify for it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/22/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Have you filled out the application?

"EligibilityApplicant families must meet the following requirements:

Meet HUD's definition of family Meet income limits specified by HUD Qualify on the basis of citizenship or the eligible immigrant status Provide social security number information Sign required consent forms Pass screening process

Eligible Candidates Applying for the Program

Any family that wishes to receive Housing Choice Voucher assistance must apply for admission to the program. DCA will announce the opening of the wait lists by publishing the applicable information in media outlets including but not limited to:

DCA's website and social media The newspaper of general circulation in the applicable county(ies)Minority media newspapers, when available DCA's application assistance phone line:(###) ###-####/p>

Preliminary applications will only be accepted through DCA's Applicant Portal. Once the wait lists open, the portal will be available 24 hours per day until the wait lists close. The application can be completed from any computer or cell phone with Internet access (e.g. home, library, community-based organizations). If assistance is required to complete the preliminary application, resources for assistance will be listed in the wait lists opening announcement.

Once the wait lists close, all completed preliminary applications will then be selected by a random lottery process for placement on DCA's wait lists. If a preliminary application is chosen from the lottery, a letter will be sent to the family informing them of their placement into the lottery wait lists. A determination of program eligibility will be made before actual placement on the wait lists. Once a voucher becomes available, the next applicant at the top of the wait lists will be contacted by DCA with further steps in the process." http://www.dca.state.ga.us/housing/RentalAssistance/programs/apply_hcvp.asp

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please let me know if you were unhappy with my service and I will opt out for another Attorney to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

I just wanted to follow up on the second opinion I provided. Did you have any additional questions for me? The Attorneys do not receive credit for our work or time if the customer does not rate our service positively.

Thank you for your consideration.