Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Im a California resident. i am a home owner. i am on title,

Customer Question
but my wife is not...
im a California resident. i am a home owner. i am on title, but my wife is not. i filled out the Quit Claim deed to her, but ther is one box i am unsure about
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that Premium Service and I'll process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

I first need to know Why your wife is not yet on the title. Did you own the home before marriage?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we were separated when i bought it back in 2004. we're back togehter ive filled the QCD out. i am uncertain about ONE box. as soon as u answer i will get it notereized and filed.
here is the section i am unsure aboutFOR A VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, ***** ***** a married man as his sole and separate property, an individual, 1 married 0 unmarried, hereinafter referred to as “Grantor”, does hereby remise, release, and forever quitclaim unto ***** ***** and Patricia A. Williams, Husband and Wife, 0 joint tenants with rights of survivorship and not as tenants in common or 1 community property with rights of survivorship or 0 community property without rights of survivorship, hereinafter “Grantees”, the following lands and property, together with all improvements located thereon, lying in the County of San Francisco, State of California, to-wit:

Thanks for the additional information. I will make the call offer now.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Specifically ***** ***** and Patricia A. Williams, Husband and Wife, 0 joint tenants with rights of survivorship and not as tenants in common or 1 community property with rights of survivorship ....Do i check off joint tenants with rights of survivorship

Good morning,

I am waiting for you to accept the call offer and provide with your number. Then I can call you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
call me

Thanks for your number. In order for me to call you, you must put a check in the small box next to the Accept icon and then click the Accept Icon for the call offer. I will then call you right away.

Do you still need my assistance? I note that you have not yet accepted the call offer.

Tina, Lawyer