How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 28364
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I co own a home and need help with having the other person

This answer was rated:

I co own a home and need help with having the other person buy me out
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: colorado
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Can you please share with me what your question is?

RealEstateAnswer and other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I wanted to know if I would be entitled to 50% of the equity of my co-owned home I have with a friend. I want to move out so I would like the other owner to buy me out. They feel entitled to most of the equity but I am on the deed and mortgage.