N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

I have a roof and ground drain that drains onto an

I have a roof and ground drain that drains onto an easement/or neighbors driveway. They want to regrade their driveway and block the drains due to recent flooding on their property(I have lived here 50 years..they have lived here 6 months) never had a problem before.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: calif.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no..they hired a company to take out old driveway and regrade it, but said they needed to cover my drain and objected to the flow of the roof drain. I think they want to put pavers on the driveway
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My property has no other drainage except thru an enclosed patio on that side of the house.

Thank you for your question.

Do you have written easement as part of your deed or otherwise recorded with the County Recorder?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, the house was built in 1927. I have a map, but it is an old "Plat". It only shows an easement on the back of the property.
Nothing on the side. It was filed in 1926.
The previous neighbors repaved part of the driveway and covered the property line button on the sidewalk. They also built a fence right up to my property line(without permission) about 4 years ago.( Previous owner). I objected..but it was done so I didn't push it. They gave me a key to the gate. My main question is...what control do I have now about what their workers do?