Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I sold a place in Colorado on the bases of rent to own but…

Customer Question
I sold a place in...
I sold a place in Colorado on the bases of rent to own but the other party has decided to not pay what was agreed what should I do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 1 year ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Normally the lease will provide what to do in the event of breach-for example the forfeiture of the option deposit. However the landlord would need to evict the tenant by providing notice to cure and then proceeding with legal eviction. Self help eviction is not permitted

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/Attachment%2010-Landord%20and%20Tenant%20Rights.pdf

Normally there is a monthly "rent credit" and that is generally forfeited. The terms of the lease option control in that regard.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator