Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I just purchased a foreclosed property. The Bank did not…

I just purchased a foreclosed...
I just purchased a foreclosed property. The Bank did not evict the residents. The resident is the daughter of the former owner. Is the daughter considered an owner who can be evicted with 20 days notice or a tenant protected by tenants rights and entitled to 60 days notice? State of Washington
1/25/2017
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. The owner of the home would be the person or people who were on legal title. If the daughter of the owner simply lived there, she could be considered a tenant. As such, a 60 day notice would need to be given prior to evicting them.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. Do you know where to get the forms and how to file/serve them?

You are welcome. You can use a 3rd party site online or simply draft the notice on your own. You can also speak with the clerk of court in the county where the home is located and see if they have the forms. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated Thank you.

RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer