Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have a property that has a tax lien on it. I can't pay it

I have a property that...
I have a property that has a tax lien on it. I can't pay it until 15 days after it becomes available for the deed process. How quickly does the tax deed process move forward in Arizona after the property tax lien can be used to get deed to the property?
1/24/2017
Michael Gonzalez

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You have three years since the original tax lien sale date to redeem (i.e. pay the outstanding amount due) before the tax lien holder can even file a foreclosure action in Arizona on the tax lien.

Notwithstanding, I would recommend consulting local counsel to protect your rights and interests.

Good deal Thank You! I am sure that they cant do anything within the 15 days it will take for me to pay up. Thank You!

If you found my response helpful please rate my 5 stars, otherwise I will not get credited for this answer. As always, a bonus is appreciated as well.

Good luck.

I will give you a bonus on payday tomorrow. Should I rate now or keep it open until tomorrow and then rate when I give the bonus.

Bird in the hand. I would appreciate a 5 star rating now if you do not mind.

Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez, Lawyer