How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42307
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandson was allowed to stay in our house while attending

Customer Question

My grandson was allowed to stay in our house while attending a close by college. he bacame abusive and we obtained a protection order. How to evict him from the house. His parents have 2 property that he can live
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NY
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: only in family court
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what else do you need?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

He is a month to month tenant.You give him 30 days notice to terminate and then file for eviction.

Forms packet here including notice and forms to evict him.Send letter certified mail and then file in 30 days

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.