Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

My grandson was allowed to stay in our house while attending

Customer Question

My grandson was allowed to stay in our house while attending a close by college. he bacame abusive and we obtained a protection order. How to evict him from the house. His parents have 2 property that he can live
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NY
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: only in family court
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what else do you need?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

He is a month to month tenant.You give him 30 days notice to terminate and then file for eviction.

Forms packet here including notice and forms to evict him.Send letter certified mail and then file in 30 days

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/8jd/pdfs/L&T/holdover/holdoverFormsPacket.pdf

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.