How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a reverse mortgage on my home and I owe $9,000.+ for

Customer Question

I have a reverse mortgage on my home and I owe $9,000.+ for Insurance accumulated during the time I was going thru Cancer treatment, and They will not accept installments, what can I do?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Houston. Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I was summoned to Court in November, 2016, and today i received a telephone call.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If this is going to cost an arm and a leg, i will not be able to avail myselfe to,
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

If this is a situation where you are now in default of the reverse mortgage contract, then you may want to consider filing a chapter 13 bankruptcy to see if you can enter into a court ordered repayment plan over 3-5 years and still keep your home. Please see this link to find a Houston BK lawyer.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.

Related Real Estate Law Questions