How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3686
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My home in Oklahoma has been damaged from the foundation,

Customer Question

My home in Oklahoma has been damaged from the foundation, walls, doors, sheet rock, and roof. we never experienced earthquakes prior to last 2 years. The fracking industry was called to stop injections by the American Geological Department and the earth quakes stopped. We did not have insurance for earthquake damage as it has never been a problem in Oklahoma. Can I seek damages from the oil and gas industry that has been doing the fracking?
Structural damage is to the point that we can not open or close doors, in our home.our front door is cracked and windows won't close or open. We have cracks in the doors so large that snakes come in and the winter weather is causing an increase in utilities of $200 monthly. We just want our house and life back.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 8 months ago.

Yes, you have a claim against the energy company that did the fracking, and you will certainly win because they were the cause of your damage. Under Oklahoma law, you can also recover your attorneys fees and court costs, so you are in very good shape.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.