Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My daughter purchased a home in 2015 in North Andover, MA.

Customer Question

My daughter purchased a home in 2015 in North Andover, MA. She had a home inspector report on any issues prior to closing, and based on the report and the comments from the Seller that all was in order, she closed on the home. After residing in the home, she has since discovered the following issues:
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Mass.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No, let me list the issues. The two car garage is only suitable for one car, the other garage is too small. The gas fireplace doesn't work, and according to experts, has to be totally replaced. Electrical switches have wires going to them but don't seem to control anything.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what, if any rights my daughter has for a claim.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.

HI - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Your daughter would have a right to sue the seller and inspector for any known issues or problems with the house that were concealed or not in plain view at the time of purchase. Thus, if the seller or inspector misrepresented anything to your daughter, and if your daughter relied on those representations, it is likely that she could sue.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just to confirm, this is a boiler supplied by british gas (330+ high efficiency condensing wall hung boiler manufactured by Glow worm). The led display shows an F3 fault (fan) and when attempting reset it initially did reset a few times then it failed to reset at all. I know there is potentially more than 1 cause rather than just a broken fan but any feed back would be great.
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.

Hi - I think your post was made to the wrong question....this is a legal question, not a repair question.