Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

If I quit claim deeded my home to my ex husband in the

Customer Question

If I quit claim deeded my home to my ex husband in the divorce how can I get the loan out of my name? Can I still sell the house if the deed is in my name and he has not filed and recorded the property? It's been two years and he's refusing to refinance in his name or sell the property. Is there a time frame for the file?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Your remedy here is to return to court to seek to modify the decree and have judge order a sale.You have good arguments to force a sale since he will not refinance.Honestly he probably lacks the credit and this is something that you need to force resolution to.You cannot sell the house if the house was awarded to him.You can seek to modify the decree and change this.You do not have to be held hostage take it back and get the decree here modified and the loan out of your name by a court ordered sale under Arizona law.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

You will need a local lawyer to motion to modify the decree you can find one here

Lawyer Referral Directory

Back to map

Arizona

Maricopa County Lawyer Referral Service
Phoenix, AZ

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Maricopa

Pima County Bar Association LRS
Tucson, AZ

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Pima

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you so much. Will I have to seek mediation before I motion to modify the decree?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you very much.
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

It is optional not mandatory.ou decide here whether you think it might work, likely ex will never agree to do anything a court ordered sale to me is the way to finalize this matter.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

I wish you the best here.I understand your frustration.