Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Does a surveyor have the right to change a legal description

Customer Question
from one POB to another...
Does a surveyor have the right to change a legal description from one POB to another, completely opposite POB?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Volusia county Florida
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Deed says one POB before Hwy expansion....but has a completely different POB & legal description from different POB now
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have two surveys & both are wrong! Both based on secondary POB. But when you look at deed of 3 surrounding parcels...you can clearly see there is an error.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

What was the purpose of the survey? Was there an existing legal or was this survey for the purpose of determining the legal description?

Tina, Lawyer