Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

When the Secretary moves who gets the records until a new

Customer Question

when the Secretary moves who gets the records until a new secretary can be elected
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Glen Rose, Texas
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are having an HOA meeting on January 20 and I just want to know who gets the records until that date when a new secretary will be elected
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

The records are not the personal property of the Secretary; rather, they belong to the HOA. If the HOA has an office address, those records should be kept at that office address. If there is no office address, then the Board of Directors should appoint a specific director or officer to safeguard the records until a new Secretary can be appointed.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars J). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!