Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

What can the Board of a condominium association in Florida

What can the Board of a condominium association in Florida do to enforce regulations, other than just send a letter

Good morning, and thanks for using Just Answer. The Board of a condominium association is governed by the Covenants Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs) that are established by the developer originally. They can find the members which finds can become liens against the members property interests, and subject the member possibly to a foreclosure suit if the fines are not paid.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just to clarify - if we have a fining committee, we can put a lien on the property. Is that right?

Yes, as long as the CC&Rs authorizes it.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am going to check our CCRs to see if we can lien a property.Thank you for your help and I will submit my rating as soon as I am satisfied that I have no more questions on this matter.

Fair enough.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In all the paperwork I have as a member of the board, I do not have anything labeled Covenants Conditions and Restrictions. I have By-laws, and Articles of Incorporation. Where would I find Covenants Conditios and Rstrictions

THe Secretary of the Coro[poration should have the originals, or at least copies. They are usually recorded with the County recorder when the subdivision is first approved by the County.