How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42862
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a trustee on a property that was left to me free and

Customer Question

I'm a trustee on a property that was left to me free and clear.A attorney who is a contract attorney wants to put a iein on it.Can he?
JA: The Real Estate Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: He's a construction contract attorney. I paid him 1000.00 for a letter and now he says it was a deposit and I owe him or he's coming after the property
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Fresno,Calif.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No he responds to me every 6 I got a letter for arbitration.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I went to this attorney because of a invalid lien placed on the property. I have social security and ssi,single,and no assets except this place.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

He could sue here and if he prevails and gets judgement it would cloud the title here.You can dispute any collection suit here in the courts.

California has mandatory fee arbitration here.You can dispute it that way.

You can do that here and he cannot sue you

Consider fee arbitration to resolve this.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

I wish you the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.