Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

I am renting a place and being evicted but they changed the

Customer Question

I am renting a place and being evicted but they changed the locks post my photos and staying do not rent to this person with out a court order just typeed it up
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Pa
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No just a type paper she did
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What I meant is there anything I can do about putting my photos on Facebook saying do not rent to this person because he doesn't pay his bills
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 9 months ago.

This is attorney Bill answering your landlord-tenant question today.

Landlords are obliged to follow real property law when evicting a tenant.

Failure to follow the law in the eviction process and serving you a 10 days notice in PA State for failure to pay rent or longer notice period for other reasons and or taking the law into their own hands can leave a landlord liable for damages in civil court.

An example of awards of damages for wrongful evictions

"A jury awarded $860,000 to victims in Hamilton County, Tennessee, when they found that the landlord improperly evicted the tenants and destroyed their belongings.

In Queens, New York, a landlord was ordered to pay $500,000 to a single dad whom she evicted and then threw his belongings out into the rain"

In relation to damaging your good name, it may be possible to sue for defamation also in the civil court.

WE ARE HERE TO HELP

Please follow up when needed.

REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME

Thanks

Bill

This is attorney Bill following up on your question.

I answer your question a while back but you never followed through so is there anything else in relation to your question that remains ?

POSITIVE RATINGS GIVE ME A CREDIT FOR MY TIME

OTHERWISE I DON’T RECEIVE THIS

Thanks

Bill