Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

How can someone stop an eviction, illinois, springfield,

Customer Question
how can someone stop an...
how can someone stop an eviction
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: illinois, springfield
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Well, I received a 30 day notice. Then I just got another form saying that I had to be out by January 31 or they would start the proceedings that I would have to pay for.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: what does that mean
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/5/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you being evicted for some type of lease violation?

.

Or is the landlord just terminating your month to month tenancy?

.

Are you current on the rent?

.

.

thanks

Tina, Lawyer