AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

I am a home owner. The home owners association has a lien on

I am a home owner. The home owners association has a lien on my home and want to evict me
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: Minnesota
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yues they have obtained judgement and theey will so get a writ
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well I am ready to negotiate term of payment with them

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

If they already have the judgment against you, then as you most likely know, they are within their rights to get the writ to have you evicted. That means that if they go for the writ, the judge will give it to them. That, in turn, means that if you are willing to now pay them in exchange for them not evicting you, you will have to approach them and negotiate terms. They are not obligated to negotiate with you, so you should probably approach them as soon as possible, and make your best offer to them. You could point out to them that if they work with you on this, they will not incur much more in attorney fees, which could save them money, and that their collection is guaranteed, because you will eventually pay it, or they can evict you later. Does this make sense?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it does. I am looking for someone who can negotiate on my behalf

Let me know if you have any follow up questions, which I am happy to assist you with. If you don't have any, could you please give me a positive rating for my assistance tonight? Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can i call you tomorrow?

Yes, you can.