Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

Please. I need to know please what my grounds are? My mother

Customer Question

Hi, yes please. I need to know please what my grounds are? My mother bought the house & my son & I are to pay the mortgage & that is exactly what we've been doing for the last several months. She now wants to put up the house for sale. I guess I don't have no grounds, correct?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: North Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Such as a verbal agreement or what do you mean?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just really want to know what is my options. If we have to leave that will be fine once the house is sold. My sister stole many items from here & my mother is sticking up for her. I want my sister out of here. She was to leave for the last month & hasn't.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

You do have some rights here.You are a month to month tenant, she has to give you at least 3 days written notice and then file to evict you.You would be served with a hearing date again this might give you up to 60 days before she can evict you.I wouldn't make any more payments, save your money to relocate.You may have up to two months by the time she gives you proper notice and files for eviction.You aren't required to leave before then.Use your time to save up moving money and look for another place.No since leaving here until you are noticed with eviction hearing date then you know what date you need to be out.

You do have some by law, she cannot just get you to leave here now.You may have a couple of months rent free here hopefully.

I appreciate the chance to help you .Sorry you are having to deal with this.I wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is always sincerely ***** ***** let me know if you have follow up.Thanks.