Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Petition the court to vacate and established easement that

Customer Question

petition the court to vacate and established easement that is not in use or required
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oklahoma, Osage County the last was how o petition the court to vacate an established easement that is no longer required and another easement fulfills the requirement.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: not with the court, the county commissioners have reviewed the paperwork from me and said to go forward to the court.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, the easement was established in 1971 for an access road, utilities etc, but was never used. An alternate route approximately 400 feet north was established and used for the road, utilities, etc.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What are you asking about this matter exactly? I mean - what is your question? What kind of petition is to be filed? What sources to cite as argument? Etc.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I wish to petition the court to vacate an easement that was never used and an alternate easement was put in place to satisfy all requirements. I submitted the request for county commissioners to review and approve, they approved. Commissioners stated that all I had to do was petition the court to vacate this particular easement.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Thank you. What is your question exactly? For example:

What is the name of the petition to be filed?

What sources to cite as argument?

How do I file a lawsuit?

Etc.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I believe it is called a petition to vacate easement for access and utilities in a rural area.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

No, actually this would be a petition to quiet title.

But regardless, I am not sure what you are asking here exactly about this matter. Please, can you clarify your question - what is it that you wish to know?