Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I buy a San Francisco building that is under rent control.

Customer Question
Tenants already moved in around...
I buy a San Francisco building that is under rent control. Tenants already moved in around 2013 and 2014 and are on month to month lease. Can I simply give them 60 days notice to break the leases? The building is a mixed use building with three residential units and one commercial unit and is zoned as Commercial.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: California San Francisco
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The building has two 3-bedrooms units and one 4-bedrooms unit. Obviousely there are co-tenants. The 3 bedrooms have three tenants and the 4 bedrooms have four tenants. If I have to buy them out, what is the law?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/3/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
N Cal Attorney

Thank you for your question.

I need to ask why you would want to evict each of the tenants.

Did you already buy the property?

Tina, Lawyer