Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Can a mobile home be moved from a park if it has a lien on

Customer Question

Can a mobile home be moved from a park if it has a lien on it
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: On the lein?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Trying to protect my home from the park
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We bought a mobile home. The park forced us to pay the back rent of the previous owner on the condition of being approved to live to only cash then. We had no legal responsibility to the previous owner and they cashed the checks despite the note she wrote on our receipt for the checks. We cleaned up the trailor and grounds that the trailer sat in filth for over 5 years( we have photos and receipts for it)As soon as they got money they changed their minds and are trying to kick us out, they started an eviction process saying we owe them rent even though the money they took was illegal that covered more then 3 months rent. The went to court today without physically posting the court date to us and we found this out by secondhand. We were scammed out of money and now are being told to leave. We are trying to do anything we can to protect. If there is a lein on the trailer can they force us to move it right away....
This is something we are considering so we can have time to get help.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If the Park Owner obtains eviction action against you, the Court would state on the eviction notice when you have to move the trailer. Because of the nature of a trailer, the Court would not force you to move it right away because you need to make arrangement for movers for the trailer. Nonetheless, it would be prudent for you to make arrangements immediately to remove the trailer because the park owner may try to seize the trailer for alleged past due rents.

Best wishes,