How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had a question regarding a tax question. My husband is on

Customer Question

Had a question regarding a tax question. My husband is on Disability and retirement from VA and he's also on SSI. We want to buy a vacation rental through our VA program, which would have to be through his name. However, the business.. Forever Seasons vacation Rental would be in my name. I want to start a vacation rental company. So would that be allowed. For me to start a vacation rental business renting out a house that's in his name. I would file the business license under my name only, but I would be renting out the house. Any earned income would be mine.I don't think he's allowed to earn any kind of income while he's on SSI and disability through the VA. We are going to check that out too. But for now, just wondering if we can do it by setting the business in my name?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 7 months ago.


I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.