How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7310
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I've own land since 1957 and I want to move my mobile

Customer Question

If I've own land since 1957 and I want to move my mobile home is 22 years old and I want to move it on to my land can I do that under the grandfather clause?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: What do you mean? Me and my siblings inherited it. I was born in 1959 and was born there
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My Mom and dad had our family home there and it's just our land now
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon. Thanks for using Just Answer.Simply owning the land going back many years does not create a "grandfather" situation regarding the use of real estate. Your County zoning will dictate whether or not you can place a mobile home on that particular property. Even if property was zoned for mobile homes at one time, the mobile home that was on it was removed, then that zoning no longer applies. It would have to have been used continuously for mobile home from a date prior to the enactment of the current zoning, until the present.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Related Real Estate Law Questions