How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J. Warren Your Own Question
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2247
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
J. Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to have my property deeds looked up and reviewed in

Customer Question

I need to have my property deeds looked up and reviewed in Jefferson county Colorado- I am living out of state. can you refer me to a lawyer in the Colorado area who could do this for me?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes - deeds should have been filed at the time of my husbands death in 2005 but I do no have copies of the deeds transfers or filings which is why I am looking for a lawyer in Colorado who could acquire copies of the deeds for me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

We are not permitted to provide specific attorney referrals. However, I will provide the Colorado Bar Lawyer Referral Service information below. First, you may wish to contact the recording clerk in Jefferson County. This would save you a good sum in attorney fees and she/he should be able to provide you with a copy of any recorded deeds. In addition, you may be able to look up the deed on line depending on how up to date the County is with online property records.

Here is a link to the Jefferson County webpage that has online search for property information, it is possible you can find the information you are looking for with a simple property search on this site. If not, the Clerk contact number is *****:

Here is the Colorado Bar Lawyer Referral Service as well, this service can assist you with contacting a local attorney:

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time.