WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I own a coop unit in Queens, NY. When I purchased this in

Customer Question

I own a coop unit in Queens, NY. When I purchased this in 1994, the building owner(incorporated brother from same family) were also the manager of the coop. The house rules regarding appliances were not clearly stated. In fact, a dishwasher was part of the fixtures. I purchased a portable washing machine (clothes) and orally requested the management if I can have the dishwasher di-installed and hook up my washer instead. Approval was given orally. A new board came into existence, at least five years after my purchase. It also has gone through several management companies. With the exception of 2014 and 2015, I have no records of new house rules. In the 2014 house rules, it was stated that no washing machines/dryers, dishwasher , extra ranges, oven can be installed.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean "filed or reported"?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: In 2015 house rules, it states that it supercedes the previous one. The current management told my contractor that my washer cannot be installed back. Would the "grandfathered." rule apply in my case?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 7 months ago.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.