How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7312
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to obtain a quit claim deed to allow me to add a 3rd

Customer Question

Hi I need to obtain a quit claim deed to allow me to add a 3rd business partner to the title for a purchases property in WA. How do I specify to say 33.33% for each owner?
I also need help to prepare two sets of notary form which me and my 2nd business partner can sign in Seattle WA while my 3rd business partner can sign in US embassy in Hong Kong.
I would need someone to prepare these docs and guidance to follow through with the process this week.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 8 months ago.

This is not a very difficult task. For starters, you will need a quitclaim deed form for Washington State. You can go to this website and print out the form that you need. It is the sixth one down. They are all nicely labeled. Once you have the form, you can start filling it in, and I'll be available to answer questions as you go. Fair enough? It might be better to switch this to a phone call. That is up to you, since there is some additional cost.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. The Web address that I sent you to obtain the form might not work. I went back and pulled up the quit claim deed form and I am copying it below. Let me know if you need help filling it in. Here is the address for the Bar Association forms again:

It starts below:

When recorded return to:



for and in consideration of

in hand paid, conveys and quit claims to

the following described real estate, situated in the County of , State of Washington

together with all after acquired title of the grantor(s) herein:

Abbreviated Legal: (Required if full legal not inserted above.)

Tax Parcel Number(s):





I certify that I know or have satisfactory evidence that

(is/are) the person(s) who appeared before me, and said person(s) acknowledged that signed this instrument and acknowledged it to be

free and voluntary act for the uses and purposes mentioned in this instrument..


Notary name printed or typed:

Notary Public in and for the State of

Residing at

My appointment expires:

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 8 months ago.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello my 3rd business partner (Gigi) in Hong Kong filled out the quit claim deed, the tax affidavit, and a gift supplement for me (Alex) and my 2nd business partner (Tim). She also wrote down the instruction process. Would you able to follow up to review these docs and the instructions below to confirm they are accurate to process? Thank you!*********Quit Claim Deed
· Please review the Quit Claim Deed i.e. spelling, errors, wordings etc.· Confirm the final legal name of property and Tax Parcel # (Refers to Deed of Trust pic)· NOTE –o Quit Claim Deed does not require Grantee (Gigi) signature.o The Grantors (Alex and Tim) need to sign the Quit Claim Deed in front of the NOTARY PUBLIC, then do the filing with the County Office – Pierce County Clerk Office. This to make it a public record.o Grantors need to provide each GRANTEE (in this case here, Alex, Tim and Gigi) a notarized copy of the QUIT CLAIM DEED for record keeping (Not sure if this means whether we can make 3 set copies of the notarized original doc or also need to notarize the 3 set copies)
Excise Tax Affidavit and Supplement Doc -
· Please review Excise Tax Affidavit and Supplemental Doc. i.e. Names.. Address.. Phone… Property Name, Property Address/ County…etc· Confirm the final legal name of property and Tax Parcel # (Refers to Deed of Trust pic)· I will get it notarized in US EMBASSY then fedex to you guys once obtained all the required detail.· You guys need to sign, and notarized these docs at the county office together with the Quit Claim Deed.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.

This goes far beyond your original information request. I will opt out and perhaps someone else will be able to assist you.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.

I can opt in again and help you, but only with the deed, not the other documents. I will ask that you enter a positive rating at this point, and we can go on from there.