How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118658
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had applied to housing partnership under disability for my

Customer Question

Hi, I had applied to housing partnership under disability for my mother to purchase a condominium, after submitting all the paper work they denied stating that the lower log # has been given the condominum and my file has been moved to general what shall I do
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: new york
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yes, I gave all my financial and tax returns
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, how much you charge for the consultation
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: where is the page
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If someone had a log number lower than your mom's number then there is nothing else you can do other than reapply when another unit comes available and resubmit the forms to maintain the disability status and get the low log number back. However, if they are refusing to keep her on a lower log number because of her disability, this is a separate issue that you need to file with the local Housing Authority office, since that would be discriminatory based on her disability. If someone with a lower log number did receive the apartment though, then the partnership is complying with the laws and there is nothing more you could do other than reapply for another unit and hope she has a lower number than the other applicants.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.