Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Property owner is voiding sales contract stating reason is

Customer Question

Property owner is voiding sales contract stating reason is closing has gone pass the 40 days she wrote into agreement when $500 deposit was given to her JA: Where is the property located? Customer: This agreement was signed an$500cash given on oct12 2016. JA: Has any paperwork been filed? Customer: Wallpaper work an JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: Yes I'm having trouble pls wait for other info

On Oct 20 cash was returned an a check was given . this check was cashed so buyer could show proof of this 500 deposit.which bank required

The bank required several items that took some time to complete reason mainly due to work hours of buyer a FHA loan was being applied for.

Buyer still had a lot of missed working hours an a trip to Columbus Ohio to speed up a credit issue

Also I should mention that lending bank has had this place inspected an appraised all there paper work is done an turned over to underwriter so its just a wait for close date to sign.

Lastly I think seller trying to back out for value of property

Asking price of 124000 an apraseal came back at 155000

Seller was complaining at beginning cause it was a rental property an she will be loosing 1000 a month waiting for close date

Wanted buyer to move in an pay rent to her till close signing

Buyer declined

When seller informed buyer of void on sale buyer requested to rent because just waiting on close date an seller refused

I believe seller has another buyer in the waiting an at a higher sale price

Thankyou an I pray I've made sence of this for you to make a call on

My next step was to get a lawyer . out of breath an done thanks

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What was the reason closing did not occur, was it the fault of the seller or the buyer? Did the contract state closing had to occur by a certain date?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####Email is.***@******.***I am a kidney dialysis patient and confined to this chair until 1030-1100 contacted you on a taplet an battery is low so phone call best option
Thank you for your reply. Phone service is a premium service and will cost you more money, most times we can answer your needs in this forum without the added expense if you can just provide us the additional information. However, I will send you a phone service request that you must accept before I can call you.